Tips for Great Photography by Stacy LeClair
1. Finding the right location- Finding the right locations is imperative to a great shot! Although many photographers don’t like to reveal this fact, it is true! Find a beautiful place and it’s hard not to take a good picture.
2. Working with good lighting (studio, sunrise, sunset, storm lighting)- Now that a great photographer has found a great location, they patiently wait for the light to illuminate their subject nicely. With the combination of awesome lighting and a great location the results are rather stunning!
3. Using a tripod for sharp images and less camera shake- A great photographer will know the importance of a sharp image. Camera shake can cause a beautiful scene to look blurry or distorted. Even with all the technical advances and image stabilization a tripod is still one of the most important tools for great photographers. Start using one regularly and notice the difference!
4. Extensive knowledge about their equipment- How long does it take you to adjust your camera settings when the light is changing quickly? A great photographer knows how to operate their settings accurately and efficiently when it’s necessary. They end up with the shot!
5. Working well with software and establishing a good workflow- Software is used as an enhancement for an already well composed shot. Great photographers use their software tastefully and artistically.