Grand Falls, AZ
Grand Falls is a Falls in Coconino County, Arizona. It has an elevation of 1,371 meters, or 4,498 feet.
Degrees Minutes Seconds:
Latitude: 35-25’39” N
Longitude: 111-12’03” W
Join our October Fall Sedona Workshop
The weather finally starts to cool off after another one of Arizona’s heat waves. It’s time to grab the box of long sleeves on top of the closet and pray that my favorite jeans still fit!
The season has changed and I have to travel a short two hour distance to capture the magic. My fall itinerary will include Sedona, Colorado and maybe Utah. My mom keeps insisting I see Michigan in October too. Maybe one day
I chose Sedona’s Oak Creek West Fork trail as my first Fall Workshop destination. The location brings about a quiet peacefulness that I long to experience all year round. The trail ground is vibrant, the weather perfect and the colors are simply stunning.
This is exactly the place and setting I would love to teach photography. The beauty and scenery are such a huge bonus for those who want to advance their skills too! I am super excited about this workshop and can’t wait to see you there
Tips for Great Photography by Stacy LeClair
1. Finding the right location- Finding the right locations is imperative to a great shot! Although many photographers don’t like to reveal this fact, it is true! Find a beautiful place and it’s hard not to take a good picture.
2. Working with good lighting (studio, sunrise, sunset, storm lighting)- Now that a great photographer has found a great location, they patiently wait for the light to illuminate their subject nicely. With the combination of awesome lighting and a great location the results are rather stunning!
3. Using a tripod for sharp images and less camera shake- A great photographer will know the importance of a sharp image. Camera shake can cause a beautiful scene to look blurry or distorted. Even with all the technical advances and image stabilization a tripod is still one of the most important tools for great photographers. Start using one regularly and notice the difference!
4. Extensive knowledge about their equipment- How long does it take you to adjust your camera settings when the light is changing quickly? A great photographer knows how to operate their settings accurately and efficiently when it’s necessary. They end up with the shot!
5. Working well with software and establishing a good workflow- Software is used as an enhancement for an already well composed shot. Great photographers use their software tastefully and artistically.